There is so much to love about our amazing “Red, White and Blue” little town of Clayton! Thanks “FGL”!
1. Did you know 2019 marked 150 years since the founding of the town of Clayton?
Insider Pro Tip – Want to live in downtown Clayton? You must take a look at these amazing homes!
2. Did you know Clayton is the 33rd best place to live in the state of North Carolina? That’s based on several metrics including income, housing affordability, quality of life, medical care facilities, and safety. By the way, our rank is improving year by year!
Insider Pro Tip – Looking for an affordable new home? Start here
More Fun Facts About Clayton, NC
3. Do you “Think Clayton – Think Arts and Entertainment“? If you know anything about Clayton, there’s always something to do! Locals enjoy these annual events held on Main Street. The Fall Harvest Festival, the Mondo Roots Music Festival, the Summer Concert Series, the Christmas Tree Lighting and Parade, the 4th of July celebration to name just a few!
Insider Pro Tip – Love to be near all of the action of Clayton but prefer life at a slower pace? Welcome home here!
4. Did you know the first name for Clayton was actually “Stallings’ Station”? That’s because the depot for the North Carolina Railroad was in the home of Mrs. Sarah Stallings. The name lasted only three years, before the name officially became Clayton.
We are Young @ Heart!
5. Did you know the average age of a Clayton resident is only 34 years of age? Check out more stats about the town of Clayton here.
Insider Pro Tip – Buying you first home in Clayton? We’ve got you covered. Take a peek!
6. Did you know Clayton is on the Mountain to the Sea Trail? Peddle power keeps us young at heart!
Insider Pro Tip – Yes – you can buy a new home along the Mountain to the Sea Trail! Hit the trail right outside your backdoor!
Clayton is Home to the 1st “Legal” Brewery in Johnston County!
7. Just in case you didn’t know, that’s Deep River Brewing Company! Live here long enough and you’ll hear the urban legends about another brewer and the moonshining exploits of local icon “Percy Flowers”. Deep River’s motto is Johnston County’s first legal brewery.
Business is Booming in Clayton!
Clayton’s tech marketing sector is another high growth segment located in Clayton. It’s represented by Blue Pack Marketing at 7868 US Hwy 70 and Dakno Marketing located at the historic Paper Company Building in downtown Clayton.
Insider Pro Tip – Want to live near these facilities with an easy commute home? Take a tour of all the homes right here.
9. Did you know foodies love living in Clayton? When it comes to local eats, Clayton serves up some mighty good groceries! Be sure to check out these restaurants on Main Street and along Highway 70 and let them know we recommended them! The Clayton Steak House, Skylines Cafe – Clayton Bakery – Mannings – Vinson’s Pub – La Cocina – Culver’s – Cleveland Draft House – Nana’s Grill and Bar and Venero’s Pizza.
Insider Pro Tip – Want a gourmet kitchen in your next Clayton home? Checkout these Clayton homes!
More Good Eats Coming Soon!
10. Did you know there’s new food hall coming soon called The Old North State Food Hall? While this new eating establishment isn’t located “in Clayton”, one of Clayton’s own, Jerry Stephenson, is opening a second location for his outrageously awesome BBQ! We’re talking about Redneck BBQ Lab! With his first wildly successful location at 210 Highway and I-40 in McGee’s Crossroads, Jerry is opening his second location in the brand new eatery called The Old North State Food Hall located at the junction of I-40 and Business 70 Highway in the old JR’s building in Selma! That’s minutes from Clayton and worthy of a quick trip to this destination (when it opens in the spring 2020)! We know it’s delicious because Redneck BBQ Lab has catered numerous events for our team!
Insider Pro Tip – Want to buy a new home in Smithfield? Checkout these new homes coming soon to Smithfield!
What’s Your Favorite Secret About Clayton?
Leave us a comment and tell us what is your favorite secret about loving life in Clayton, NC!